268 total views, 12 views today
Enjoy and Share!
2) Listen: When interacting with people, make it a habit to pay careful attention. Show them you are interested in what they are saying and their views about you change. This way, people who come around you, are glad to find out you really value them.
3) Smile: The power in smiling cannot be over emphasized. Smiling makes people feel at ease, it relaxes them and it makes them happy too. There have quite a number of studies showing how mood, whether positive or negative, spreads between individuals. If your positive attitude brightens someone else’s day, that person will love you for it.
4) Avoid gossip: This depends on the person. Some people enjoy gossip; others dont. Avoid gossiping when interacting with someone; because they can assume you cannot be trusted and subsequently they draw away.
5) Be positive: Focusing on the good (even if it’s really small or hard to find) makes you a lot more attractive to people who come in touch with you. Influencing someone positively will surely make them come back for more!
6) Avoid Issuing Orders — Learn to ask questions: No one enjoys being bossed around. So what do you do when you need something done? The truth is that you can get the same result from asking a question as you can by gijving an order. The outcome may be the same, but the individual’s feeling and attitude can vary greatly depending on your approach.
Going simply from, “Emeka, I need those reports by tonight. Get them to me ASAP” to “Emeka do you think you could send me those reports by this afternoon? It’d be a huge help,” makes a world of difference.
8) Don’t compare: Resist the temptation to compare yourself to others. This often occurs when you are in desperate quest to impress. Comparing yourself to others, makes you look as though you do not have self-esteem and confidence; nobody wants to be around people who do not value themselves.
9) Be humble: No doubt, your achievements and accomplishments might be mind blowing but do not settle for pride. Show people how good you are at cooking by cooking a good meal than elling them how great a cook you are.
10) Become an Expert in Storytelling: People love a good story, and great stories require sophisticated, amazing storytellers.Storytelling is an art form that requires understanding of language and pacing. Master the fine oral tradition of storytelling and people will flock to you like you’re The Bard.
Jayamma Abanobi is a youth blogger passionate about writing. He can be reached via email firstname.lastname@example.org