Linda Yaccarino: New Twitter CEO Biography
Linda Yaccarino, born on November 27, 1963, in Long Island, is a renowned American business executive and Twitter CEO from May 2023 with a successful career in the media industry. She has made significant contributions throughout her tenure, primarily at NBCUniversal, where she held prominent advertising executive positions for over a decade. With a strong track record of accomplishments, Yaccarino has established herself as a key figure in the media landscape.
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1963|
|Husband||Claude Peter Madrazo|
|Net worth||$10 million|
Family and Background
- Linda Yaccarino is the daughter of Italian parents. Her father’s name is Bob, and her mother’s name is Isabel. She also has a twin sister named Lori.
Education and Early Career
- Linda Yaccarino attended Pennsylvania State University from 1981 to 1985, where she pursued her graduate studies.
- Following her education, Yaccarino embarked on her career, spending twenty years at Turner Broadcasting System, where she honed her skills and expertise.
- In November 2011, she joined NBCUniversal, assuming vital roles in advertising and partnerships management.
- Linda Yaccarino’s exceptional leadership and strategic prowess led to her selection by the Trump administration to lead a presidential council on sport and nutrition in 2018[^3^].
- Recognized for her expertise, Yaccarino was appointed to head a study commission at the World Economic Forum in 2019, focusing on the evolution of work[^2^].
- On May 11, 2023, Elon Musk announced that Linda Yaccarino would become the new CEO of Twitter, succeeding him in the role[^2^].
- Yaccarino’s tenure at NBCUniversal came to an end as she resigned from the company[^4^].
- Linda Yaccarino remains a shareholder, chairman of the board, and technical director at Twitter.
- Yaccarino has garnered attention for her support of Covid-19 vaccination and has been vocal about it on Twitter.
- Elon Musk confirmed her appointment as the CEO of Twitter, stating that Yaccarino would focus on the business aspects while he would oversee product design and new technologies.
Linda Yaccarino is a married to Claude Peter Madrazo.
Linda Yaccarino’s remarkable journey in the media industry showcases her exceptional leadership, strategic acumen, and dedication to innovation. From her early career at Turner Broadcasting System to her significant contributions at NBCUniversal and her recent appointment as CEO of Twitter, Yaccarino has consistently demonstrated her ability to thrive in dynamic and influential positions.
As she assumes her new role, the industry awaits the innovative ideas and transformative changes that Linda Yaccarino will bring to Twitter. With her track record of success and expertise, Yaccarino is poised to make a lasting impact and further solidify her position as a prominent figure in the media and business world.