Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) is now accepting applications for the 2022 edition of The Nigeria Prize for Literature. The winner(s) would receive an award of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100, 000.00). The deadline for submission of entries is April 8, 2022.
Entries are hereby invited for The Nigeria Prize for Literature. The yearly literary prize is endowed by Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Limited to honour the author of the best book by a Nigerian within the last four years.
The prize rotates among four literary genres – prose fiction, poetry, drama and children’s literature. This year, the competition is for Poetry.
The competition is open only to published works by Nigerian writers irrespective of place of residence. It carries a reward of $100,000.
See also: NLNG Prize for Literary Criticism and Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Prize for Science.
Nigeria Prize for Literature Panel of Judges & Advisory Board
Panel of Judges
- A panel of judges has been appointed for The Nigeria Prize for Literature by the Advisory Board for Literature.
- The appointment of judges has been done to reflect the genre in competition for the year. Persons appointed as judges have wide experience, peer recognition, good public image, and command respect nationally and internationally.
- The outcome of the process as approved by the Advisory Board shall be final
Panel of Judges:
- Prof. Sule Emmanuel Egya (Chairman)
- Toyin Adewale-Gabriel (Member)
- Dike Chukwumerije (Member).
International Consultant – Prof. Susan Kiguli
- Professor Akachi Adimora-Ezeigbo (Chairman)
- Professor Olu Obafemi (Member)
- Professor Ahmed Yerima (Member)
NLNG Prize for Literature Submission Procedure
- All applicants must complete and submit their entries online via www.thenigeriaprizes.org. Applicants must also include websites where e-copies or their publications can be purchased.
- Twelve (12) copies of entry and an e-copy, with evidence of Nigerian citizenship (photocopy of Nigerian passport or National Identity Card), may be submitted either by author or publisher. Books should be submitted to Nigeria LNG Limited’s External Relations Division, promoters of the prize, by the stipulated deadline.
- No book published before January, 2018 will be accepted.
- An author will enter only one published work. Unpublished work will not be previously submitted for this competition may be re-submitted at a later date, even if major considered. No book revisions have been made or a new edition published. The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.
- No member of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges can enter their work(s) for the award in the period in which they are serving and two years thereafter. No entries will be entertained from members of NLNG staff and their families.
- Failure to meet all stated conditions above will lead to disqualification of the entry.
How to Enter NLNG Prize for Literature
Interested and qualified candidates should send their entries to:
The Nigeria Prize for Literature,
External Relations Division,
Nigeria LNG Limited,
Corporate Head Officer
NLNG Road, Amadi Creek,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Note: Late entries will not be entertained.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!