The Youth in Agri-Food Export Development Program (YAEDP) is accepting applications from young Nigerian entrepreneurs and cooperative leaders in the agri-food sector. The deadline for the submission of applications is April 30, 2022.
YAEDP is a six-month program launched by Nourishing Africa, in partnership with the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) and Riby HQ to build the capacity of 15,000 Nigerian youth, aged 25 – 40 years to participate in export.
The program will provide training, market linkages, and digital support to entrepreneurs and co-operative leaders in the Nigerian agri-food sector. The YAEDP is accepting applications from agrifood entrepreners and cooperative leaders in these value chains: Cocoa, Spices, Sesame, Shea butter, Cashew, Cassava, Soybean, Rubber, and Ginger.
If selected, participants must be willing to dedicate at least 3 hours in a week for 6 – 8 weeks for the training component of the program. The training will be entirely online leveraging digital channel and media.
Youth in Agri-food Export Development Program (YAEDP) Eligibility
- Open to Nigerian agripreneurs and agro-cooperative leaders between 25 – 40 years old who are looking to export their produce.
- Applicants’ businesses must be located in the priority states in the country – Abia, Adamawa, Cross River, Edo, FCT, Kano, Kaduna, Kogi, Lagos, Ogun, and Oyo.
- Applicants must produce and/or sell food products in the priority value chains.
- The business must have been operational for at least one year.
- The YAEDP aims to ensure inclusiveness, hence, they strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented youth such as those with disabilities.
How to Apply for Youth in Agri-food Export Development Program (YAEDP)
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Applications must be completed in one sitting and cannot be saved to continue at a later stage. Any submitted applications cannot be edited.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!