219 total views, 4 views today
1. 9 out of 10 people believe Thomas Edison invented the light bulb.
This isn’t true; Joseph Swan did.
2. Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found
3. The Population of the world can live within the state boundaries of Texas.
4. If you are struck by lightning, your skin will be heated to 28,000 degrees Centigrade, hotter than the surface of the Sun.
5. The average distance between the stars in the sky is 20 million miles.
6. It would take a modern spaceship 70,000 years to get to the nearest star to earth.
7. An asteroid wiped out every single dinosaur in the world, but not a single species of toad or salamander was affected. No one knows why, nor why the crocodiles and tortoises survived.
8. If you dug a well to the centre of the Earth, and dropped a brick in it, it would take 45 minutes to get to the bottom – 4,000 miles down.
9. Honey is the only food consumed by humans that doesn’t go off.
10. The Hawaiian alphabet has only 12 letters.
11.There exists a species of Lizard which shoots blood from its eye as a defensive mechanism against larger predators.
12.The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
13. The average chocolate bar has 8 insect legs in it.
14. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer thanleft-handed people do.
15.Its impossible to smoke oneself to death with weed. You won’t beable to retain enough motor control and consciousness to do so aftersuch a large amount. (Common Sense)
16. Uncle Phil, from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, did the voice of Shredder in the TMNT cartoon.
17. Every drop of seawater contains approximately 1 billion gold atoms.
18.The US national anthem actually has three verses, but everyone just knows the first one.
19.During World War II, IBM built the computers the Nazis used to manage their death/concentration camps.
20.The total combined weight of the worlds ant population is heavierthan the weight of the human population
Jayamma Abanobi is a youth blogger passionate about writing. He can be reached via email firstname.lastname@example.org